Monday, June 1, 2009

Taking the Leap!




Okay, i guess i could admit that i did get this quilt finished before i left for Saskatoon but i mean just finished, there was no time to post a picture.
It is getting more challenging to quilt all the stack and whack quilts differently but i think i rose to the challenge on this one. Lots of free hand feathers to fill in the background and setting triangles and free hand flowers in the border. These flowers are like snowflakes, no two are alike!
Quilt Saskatchewan was really good but a bit smaller than i was expecting. That's okay as i was able to spend my money at the Merchant Mall with no problem. I think the best part of the whole show was surprising a few members with the fact i was the new CQA MB Rep. I didn't realize i had kept it such a good secret. I also took a huge leap out of my comfort zone (while unaware a hovering group of guild members supervised) and i talked to the owner of Prairie Chicks about my longarm business. Self promotions is not my strong point. I have never had to do that since my work has always spoken for itself and i am also surrounded by the best cheerleading/promotions group EVER! But if i want to make a name for my business i know i should expand it beyond the borders of Flin Flon.

No comments:

Post a Comment