Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cabin Quilt



At first glance you may think this is a Christmas themed quilt but it really is cabin/woods themed fabric if you look closely. My client made this quilt for her cabin and I'm sure it will get a lot of use. I tried something new on the squares, instead of basic continous curves I give it a twist and it looks like a twisted star (see second picture). I also was able to use a variagated cotton thread (red, green and gold) and it blended in beautifully with the colors in this quilt.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Your right at first glance it does look very Christmasy!

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking. The red certainly gives the quilt piazz. I really like those stars. Another great piece of work. Congratulations to the piecer and the quilter.
    A

    ReplyDelete