Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meandering Hooked Feathers


Not a lot of quilting going on around here but I did manage to try some meandering hooked feathers on some fleece the other day.  I had 1 metre of yellow and 1 metre of green so thought that would work for practice. It took a bit to get the size of my echoes on the feathers even and consistent but overall I am happy with the result.  I have some baby blue fleece I want to try some wonky swirly feathers on next.


The weather has been warm and humid with lots of rain but when the sun shines we spend as much time as we can in the water as we only get about 2 months where the water is warm enough to jump in.

9 comments:

  1. Love those hooked feathers! Floating on the water sure looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feathers look great!!!! It's such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I detect a bit of deliberate, but balanced unevenness in those feathers? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, what a great idea for practicing - produces a really neat, oh-so-cuddly baby blanket at the same time. Is the fleece problematic to quilt on, or would it be just as easy as a "normal" quilt sandwich for a fmq newbie to handle? I'm assuming there was no batting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always, Kathy! Did you draw the stem on first or did you just wing it?

    The boys are sure enjoying floating in the lake. Awww, those dog days of summer, enjoy them while we can. Great photos, brought a smile when I saw the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, yes I do stitch the stem first then quilt the feathers. My boys make me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hooked feathers are lovely. It looks hot there. We are in the middle of one storm after another , and its blowing a gale and wet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great feathers Kathy but that is one spectacular summer photograph!

    Best Wishe
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely blanket! Love the idea of practicing on fleece!

    ReplyDelete