Friday, October 28, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival Fall 2011


It's Bloggers' Quilt Festival time again and I would like to welcome you to my blog if you are not a regular reader.  My blog is mainly eye candy of quilts that my clients bring to me to longarm quilt plus I manage to find time to make a few of my own.  This time I thought I would go back in time and share with you a quilt I did in 2004.  Long before I purchase my longarm I spent a lot of quality time with my Janome 6500 and even wore out a few part on the machine and me! Hence the purchase of the longarm.


  This is Celtic applique wall hanging  from the book Celtic Quilts by Beth Ann Williams.  I was addicted to Celtic applique at that time and made quite a few wall hangings using this technique. Then I was asked to teach this method at our local fabric shop, my first time teaching!  I couldn't believe I said yes, the thought of teaching a class scared me I too death but I was so glad I did it and I gained so much confidence through that experience.


 I think I would quilt this quilt a bit differently now, like quilt a design in the borders, can't imagine leaving them unquilted now :)   But that is part of growing as a quilter, learning new skills and approaching each quilt with those new found ideas.

That's also what I love about quilting, the design possibilities are endless. There is so many techniques and designs to try and I want to try them ALL!!


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the festival!

30 comments:

  1. That design is sooo pretty! Looks really difficult too. (from my beginner eyes) Visiting from the Quilt Festival

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love celtic work and have done a bit of it, but want to do more. I really like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This quilt is also so wonderful! Congratulations!!! :)
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what can I say...of course I love it....please let me know how you would quilt it now?

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetins for Hungary. I love these quilts!!! You are so fantastic quilter! The colors are wonderful! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a pretty quilt and has a very involved pattern! It must have been challenging to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Celtic design quilt is just amazing! Thanks for sharing it. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always been drawn to Celtic design quilts. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This striking quilt really grabbed my attention. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking - something I have not tried. And thank you for sharing the story behind it. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. The design is lovely and I think your quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Kathy! It was a reminder to me that I haven't finished mine! G

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt! Photographing it on the rock was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the combination of blue and brown. The design is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just beautiful. Love the colors in that beautiful design! And i like how you quilted it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilt, love the design and very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! and beautiful photography too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful and I think the echo quilting is perfect as is. For me, these celtic appliques sometimes get lost with different kind of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very nice and you did well then, you must be very very good today, as you said we do grow in our skills.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this design. You have made it beautifully. I like it just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is amazing! Such attention to detail and I think the quilting looks perfect! But totally understand about changing things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. avant d'activer la traduction je me suis dit ce quilt est bien différent de ceux que vous présentez d'habitude, il est très réussi et très harmonieux
    félicitations

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the quilting as it is in this project - great job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My goodness! What a gorgeous quilt - beautifully executed! I am loving your blog and the wonderful pictures of the natural beauty where you live. Your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow--that's fabulous! I love the colours you chose, and the top photograph of the quilt is showstopping. Celtic interlace is a technique on my list to attempt, but I must (must! must!) finish several quilts before I try anything new!

    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your quilt is beautiful...trying celtic work is on my very long todo list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a beautiful quilt, Kathy :-)
    I share you attitude of wanting to try all techniques, but I fear there will not be enough time ;-) I have still not tried real Celtic applique, but want to even more after seeing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This quilt is stunning...you are so blessed to be able to do something you enjoy so much. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete