Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2011 Blog Book


Every January, since I started my blog, I like to have my blog printed out in book form so I have a hard copy of my quilting from the past year.  I look at my blog as my quilting journal.
I get mine printed by Blog2Print and they do a great job. I can delete posts I don't wanted printed and I usually edit out the family vacation post and non quilting related ones to keep the cost down. 
Here is a peek at the inside, it is all glossy paper and color photos.


I like to change the book covers each year to match the quilt pictures I use for the cover.  


On another topic, I did a bit of snow dyeing this weekend....


...so here are the results.

Cerulean Blue and Soft Brown
Royal Blue and Yellow
You can see we have to lift the snow up to get it off the deck now!

I heard that there were some large solar flares yesterday, biggest in the past 7 years, so the potential for great Northern Lights tonight is good.  It was cloudy here last night but I'm hoping for clear sky's tonight!

7 comments:

  1. I am going to get my blog year booked, too. Pretty excited that we can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I never knew you could do that, your books look really professional, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never knew you could get your blog printed into books. They look great. I don't really want any snow and strangely this winter we have not had any yet .I do wish a little would come so I could try out your snowi dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blog book is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to get your blog 'published'. And those fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog with all of your beautiful quilts sure make nice books. That is such a neat idea and they look so professional. I love your snow dyes...I'm going to have to give that a try if this stinking winter ever warms up. The Northern Lights were beautiful here last night...look at my newsminer for today http://newsminer.com/ ....some guy got a wonderful pic of them.
    Jen
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  7. bonjour,
    je ne connaissais pas je trouve l'idée super je vais faire pareil

    ReplyDelete