Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Meandering


This Thimbleberry quilt belongs to Kay and she is my only client that often requests Meandering on her quilts as she loves the look. We I have to say that I love to meander across quilts and don't get the opportunity too often so really enjoyed quilting this quilt.  I think it is all some quilts really need and Thimbleberry quilts always seem to look great when they have meander quilting on them.  I don't see a lot of meandering on quilting blogs...I wonder why is that?  Is it not considered 'blogworthy'?  Lets not snub the meander :)  It is probably the first free motion design most of us learn on our domestic sewing machines. If you haven't tried it yet give it a go and if you haven't in awhile then maybe it's time to rediscover this classic design....yah that's it....it's a classic! :)  

4 comments:

  1. You're right - that looks terrific with the meander. Lets the design shine through and gives it a calmer aura than a lot of custom work would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!!! I love the meander and stipple. I used to not, but it really is perfect so much of the time. I'd give anything for a simple meander job right about now!! :-) Yours looks perfect and even!!! Perfect for the quilt too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you too! I love meandering and after a quilt is washed and crinkled it's even better.
    A humble classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no meandering on my blog simply because I'm terrible at it :) I know the theory but I end up with bare patches or quilt myself into a corner... You, obviously, have the hang of it ! :)

    ReplyDelete