Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Second Times a Charm


I love it when clients share their quilt story with me.
This is Gail's quilt that she made for her daughter.  She designed it on EQ7 and her daughter picked out the fabrics....since the first quilt Gail started to make for her wasn't made with the right colours.  Now I'm not going to pick on her daughter for rejecting quilt #1, we all have our own tastes, but I had to tease Gail about not knowing what colours her daughter liked. ;)  She said she would never had imagined her daughter picking these fabrics but now this it is done just loves her choices. I think they both stepped out of their comfort zones with color and together they created a beautiful quilt.  


Since this was a joint effort, they both discussed possible quilting design and agreed on the Rhapsody panto.  
Batting is Quilters Dream Cotton Deluxe and it's quilted with So Fine thread.


We are in a bit of a deep freeze this week with daily temperatures in the -30'c with -40'c windchill.  Good quilting weather :)


It's pretty but don't let that fool you! It is bitterly cold.


Yet I still feel compelled to do this.....


7 comments:

  1. How could you not take a photo in such a gorgeous setting!
    wonderful quilt and story.
    That panto is so pretty on it too. I really need to take the time to learn to do pantos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me! Your temps are colder than mine. I love winter but the sound of walking on snow when it's that cold makes me feel like I'm walking on styrofoam. Awesome quilting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, It's the daughter ;) Mom just sent me the link to your site, I was so excited to see my quilt was finally finished! Its even more beautiful than I could have imagined! It was such a fun project to work on with my mom, and even Dad got involved with some creative input! I will treasure this now family heirloom forever and can't wait to see it in person! Thanks for doing such a beautiful job with the longarm and posting pics with such a cute story :) Stay warm....its currently -40 with the windchill here in Calgary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt! And it shows up so nicely against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt, and I really like how the borders frame it. I hope you didn't freeze your fingers getting the outside photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrr, and another cold day for us in the frigid north, Kathy. I dare you to take a photo today! I was noticing your footprints in the snow... it must have been pretty deep for you to hang that quilt. Just wanted to thank you again for the great work you did on my daughter's quilt! G

    ReplyDelete
  7. And what a perfect quilt for a photo in the snow!

    ReplyDelete