Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oak Leaves


This is Valery's batik quilt and she said I could quilt it however I liked!


The colors reminded me of Fall so oak leaves seemed to be the right free hand design to quilt in borders. 


I had asked Desley for some advise on how to quilt his one. I wasn't sure whether to quilt CC's in the squares, thinking that would take too long, or an allover design.  She didn't think the CC's would take that long so I went that direction and she was right. I mentioned I might do leaves in the outer border and 
she though leaves would also look nice in the setting triangles as well. Again she was right :)


I have to admit that when as I was quilting the CC's (continuous curves) I found myself  thinking ..."oh missed that corner", "oh that curve is to wide",  "darn that curve is too narrow"....then when I looked at the finished quilt top I was happy with the end results.  So keep that in mind when your quilting your projects, don't worry so much about the little wibbles and wobbles because when you look at the quilt as a whole you just don't see them.

10 comments:

  1. Love the CCs! Makes the squares look like sparkling jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CCs look great on the quilt, and I love the border quilting - suits it perfectly.

    You are so right about not worrying about every little wobble. When looking at the quilt as a whole it seems to just balance everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oak leaf border is fab Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific quilting Kathy! You always seem to have the nicest tops to quilt - I'm never sure whether it's the general style of Canadian quilters, especially good taste among your clients - or just that your quilting lifts them to new heights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is lovely. The oak leave are just perfect, you did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprise! I love the oak leaves.A

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your quilting really makes this quilt pop. You have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilting!!! I LOVE what you did in the border!!!! Amazing freehand quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy,Thank you for the time you put into your blog, I have learned so much and really appreciated it. The comment about the CC's not being perfect but still looking good as a whole is very insightful and helps me to quilt my best and be relaxed not worrying aout the little wobles the quilt comes out nicer.

    ReplyDelete