Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mexican Star


This is Lynn Mexican Star quilt.  I just love this pattern and have made it for myself, you can see mine here.


I was doing a lot of 'Sit and Stare' with this one so I showed it to Desley and she suggested quilting leaf designs as the batik fabrics have a leaf print. So with that idea to get me going I quilted free hand leaf motifs in the different pieced areas of the background fabric.


I think the key to quilting this one is to keep the quilting density even so it will lay flat as it is a wall hanging.


I was tempted to do small dense background fill but very glad I didn't.



If you have come across my blog post looking for Mexican Star quilting ideas then I will direct you to a post on a friends blog that has what I think is the best quilting I have ever seen on his pattern ....click here!

8 comments:

  1. Had to pin this one, Kathy. The quilting is just beautiful! It's amazing how the quilting can change the entire look of the pattern. I especially love the viney swirls in the corners... they make the flying geese (?) look like a fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! LOVE all the freehand leaf motifs!!! You did a beautiful job filling the spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you quilted this. Large flower shapes are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun Kathy! I like what you did with that, it's always fun to see what others quilt on same quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lets see if I can do this, got on Lori's

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the freehand motif, it echoed the pattern.

    ReplyDelete