Monday, March 12, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods...

...to Tamarack Shack we go :)


This is Marlene's Over the River and Though the Woods quilt, a pattern from Crabapple Hill.
Marlene did a beautiful job embroidering this quilt top and I was very flattered she ask me to quilt it for her.  Marlene has sent a few quilt tops to Judi at Green Fairy so I was a bit nervous at first but once we started talking about how she wanted it quilted those nerves just disappeared.  


Marlene asked for stippling in the background and to leave the geese and star points unquilted. I just love how they pop off the quilt as I just did SID around them. I suggested cross hatching the center rectangle and then decided to also cross hatch the centers of the blocks.  Added some free hand quilting in the embroidered scene to highlight the landscape images.





The temperatures have finally warmed up here and the snow is starting to melt!  Let's hope spring has arrived early.

15 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous quilt, and you've done a fabulous job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job...your work is always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like he scene quilting. The clouds and landscape detail is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I love all the crosshatching!!!! The light quilting in the scenery is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! That cross hatching really sets it off wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely job of quilting, Kathy. Your quilting certainly highlights Marlene's embrodiery. Marlene's quilt is sure to be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilting job on a great looking quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous quilting Kathy. I've quilted a few of these. Love what your did to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous quilt. Love your quilting-obviously the nerves stayed away as you have done a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilting you did Kathy. Beautiful job as usual! I cannot believe you won the ruler give-away. Now I am going to have to order one. I was hoping to win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful!! I like the landscape images a lot.
    Greetings, Inka from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilting you did. The details of the quilting really highlight the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. . . . another beauty, Kathy! That pattern is on my "to do" list - I just love it! Great job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Шикарно! Очень стильно! Красиво!

    ReplyDelete