This week I started piecing Twinkle from Kim Brackett's book Scrap-Basket Sensations. I was happy to find a pattern that suited a light batik colored jelly roll I had purchased last summer. I was able to play with my new EQ and figured out the largest size of quilt I could make with one jelly roll and I could get a 8 block by 8 block quilt with hardly any leftovers with this pattern.
I dyed the dark purple to go with another batik print that I was going to use in the outer border but ended up changing my mind on it.
This was the original plan.....
....and this is the final plan.
I'm much happier with this choice as I love the higher contrast and it really makes the purple stars pop! I also dyed the light backing you see behind it. You can see it better in the first picture I posted.
Here it is the finished top!
This is now loaded on my longarm and I have started the borders, just not sure yet how to quilt the center.