Thursday, May 31, 2012

Comfort Quilt


Our guild makes a lot of Comfort Quilts that we donate to the community and I believe we have donated over 250 quilts since the guild was established in 1998.  Our group have been given fabric donations over the years and we have a cupboard full of fabric that we try our best to use up but it never seem to get any smaller....kinda like our stashes at home!

This quilt is a guild Comfort quilt made from the guilds fabric stash and I quilted with a simple pantograph called Mimosa. I like to quilt 4 to 6 quilts each year for the guild for free as I am a member and I like to do my share.


Yesterday I took my son to his orthodontist appointment which for us is a 4 hour drive one way and not too many towns to drive through....the scenery is basically all trees for 400km!  It is just one of those things you get use to when you live up north.  We usually see a lot of wildlife on our travels ( moose, deer, elk, caribou, coyotes, wolves, foxes, lynx, etc) and this time I was able to get a picture of one of the two bears we saw walking along the ditch. This guy wasn't bothered by us stopping to take pictures from the car, they usually just take off for the bush when they see someone coming their way.




I have my share of bear stories from since I was a kid and for the most part they just run off when they see you.  But I have learnt that when you go for a walk around here you should always wear good shoes....it is really hard to run away from a bear when your wearing Flip Flops!!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent advice about not wearing flip flops on walks through the woods! Great pictures...love it when critters cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep the day i had to run from a bear i was glad i was wearing my running shoes....something that stays with you...seeing that bear charge at you

    ReplyDelete