Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rainy Days



It is a rainy weekend and I found myself looking though my UFO's and decided to finish this quilt top.  I had all the curved blocks made at the last guild retreat. I though I would save it and finish it at the next retreat but I seem to have a growing pile of projects that would keep me occupied at the next retreat. So time to clean up the old projects....anything started in the last year I consider old!  :)
The above quilt was made with fat quarters I bought on sale from Kickass Country Quilts.  They had a online special last year...buy 10 fat quarter for $20 and so I bought two bundles!  One light colored batiks and one darker batiks, I could suggest colors too.  Can't beat that.  I used Eliza Back Porch Crazy Curves templates to make the blocks and the layout is my original design.  It is now loaded on my longarm so I hope to quilt it tomorrow.


Yesterday was our local fabric shops last day open so we are now without a fabric shop again :(
I did find a few fabrics to go with the Lily & Will fabric ( at 60% off) that Linda sent me so that was good.


I also finished my last set of Just Takes Two instructions.  I tried to make one of two blocks from an early set of instructions that is giving me grief but I just ended up throwing it in the garbage!! Sometimes it is okay to give up....right!!

3 comments:

  1. yes knowing when to move on is good...they made garbage cans for a reason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Интересно окончание работы. У Вас очень красивые одеяла.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lay out of your quilt. How do you plan to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete