Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Curve it Up – Blocks 5 and 6

 block 5
I forgot to post my Curve it Up Block 5 “Nine Patch” that I finished a two weeks ago and yesterday I made Block 6 “Flying Geese”.   I’m enjoying using my hand dyed fabrics on this project and I decided that I am not going to add any new commercial batiks prints and just use the 4 I have so far to blend all the blocks together.

Block 6
Here are all 6 blocks so far and there are 6 more to go.

blocks on ice
I dyed the light grey background fabric using a small bit of black dye but it has a blue tint which I really like.

14 comments:

  1. They look particularly pretty on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so pretty. The rich tones of your hand dyed fabric is what makes them so beautiful. Love the photo on the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your color placement on the geese. I had a very similar thought but haven't pieced mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and patterns. Nice family pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blocks! The picture with all six is wonderful.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty together. And look at that ice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really tempting me to try these rulers...love your blocks. The nine patch is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turning out beautifully! I've been tempted to get this template but I've read so much about them not being very precise, but your's look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purdy, purdy, purdy! I did get the curved ruler for Christmas and I've got to try these. Each month I think that's the best block, but then you do the next block and I like that one the best! LOL! Okay, but I really do like the last one! LOL! Quilt On!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love your color combinations. So pretty! C

    ReplyDelete