Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mod Pop Top

 mod1
Yesterday our guild had a UFO day so I was able to get most of my Mod Pop top put together.  When I got home I decided to finished it up as I was so close to being done and I really wanted to see it completed.  I used all batik fabrics and am really happy with the fabrics I chose. It's nice when a quilt turns out the way you imagine it!

mod2
mod3 mod4 

On Friday I got a special package in the mail and it looks like it had quite the trip.   Maybe it feel off a truck on it’s way or maybe those Aussie Posties decided to play football with it!   Wish I knew the story of it’s trip from Australia as it has taken quite the beating but nothing was damaged.

package
I had another goodie exchange with Desley and she really spoiled me again!  Matilda wool batting, a Barmah Australian Outback hat, and a wonderful sections of sweets!  I've already polished off one bag of Mars Pods and the bag of Cadbury Flake bites are disappearing quickly.  The box of Easy Mac has chicken and bacon flavour packs in it which we have never seen so the boys will try that for lunch today.  I’ll have to save that wool batt for a special quilt and the hat has already been claimed by my husband and he looks really good in it!  :)  Thanks Desley!

goodies

18 comments:

  1. Love how the mod pop turned out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no picture of Tim sporting his new hat?? You definitely were spoiled, and the top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt. I may have to purchase this pattern.

    You are indeed a lucky girl, exchanging with Desley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You are really fast making that top! It is gorgeous! Love the pattern!
    Good to know your candy and stuff didn't get ruined after that trip! Looks like you got really spoiled :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely top! Looks so perfect in your winter setting yet I feel it would be just as perfect in a summer setting. As always, I will be interested to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way the quilt turned out. Looks great! Congrats on getting your package in one piece. Always fun to have goodies from another country. My friend in Austria sends me chocolates and teas. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad she included Sherbies for you. They are delicious and have been my addiction for the past 40 years! Hope you like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that quilt it looks warm in the snow...must be the curves in the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is beautiful. Stunning. And what fun gifts to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm going to have to make that quilt-I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Mod Pod top, the fabrics and colours are just perfect. Looking forward to seeing it all quilted up. Great package from Delsey, although I too am amazed at the damage on the box. Glad everything was safe inside. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love your quilt!! I notice the depth of the snow clearing keeps changing ;-)

    Yay for your package making to to you - if only it could talk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mod Pop makes for a beautiful quilt and your background of snow enhances it even more! I guess it is along way for a parcel to travel! and just too many hands and steel toed boots along the way. Glad it got to you without internal damage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finished my Mod Pop last week. Yours is great in those batiks! I love that picture of it on the ice.

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quilt, and you have a great friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the batting. It's my absolute fav.

    Love your quilt.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete