Here it is, my Curve It Up quilt top and I finished it before Jenny starts her next Quilt Along! :) You may have noticed my quilt top does not have the curved sashing design that Jenny created and that I did the ‘no seams’ tutorial on. I struggled with finding the right fabrics for that design and it just wasn’t working for my quilt top. So onto plan B, sash the quilt with background fabric, since I dyed 3m of it, and have the blocks float. I surprised myself when I was shopping for a batik fabric for the outer border. I picked a few bolts off the shelf and almost put this one back as I thought it wouldn’t look good with the blocks, boy was I wrong, it was perfect! So always auditions fabrics even when you think they won’t work because sometimes they are exactly the fabric you need.
I’m really happy with how it looks and it was fun making a quilt with my hand dyed fabrics. I hope to get this one quilted this summer while I’m taking a break from quilting for others. Only two more to go and then I’m free for the summer!