Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cattails in the Meadow Quilt

raffle2

I am very excited to show you what I have been working on the last couple of days, our guilds next raffle quilt.    The pattern is called Cattails in the Meadow and it’s a Judy Neimeyer foundation pieced pattern.   Our quilt show will be held in April 2014 and the quilt will be drawn for at the show.    The theme of the quilt really suits our local area and I hope it will appeal to a  large number of people.    Fingers crossed ticket sales go well as this is our guilds main fundraiser.

raffle1

It is only 62” x62” so makes for a large wall hanging or a nice cover for the top of a bed. 

raffle9

I did a lot of searching online for quilting ideas and ended up using element of quilts I saw as well as adding my own style to the overall quilting.   I SID all the dark batik fabric and appliquéd designs then added flowing feathers from the cattails and from the four corners.  Added grasses among the cattails and flowing lines around the flying geese and center spikes.

raffle8

I was so happy the quilt was finished in time for a photo shoot in our autumn landscape.  The leaves here change and fall so quickly.

raffle3raffle5 raffle6

I even have some cattails in my yard and if you look hard enough you might just see them.  :)

raffle4

31 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous quilting Kathy! You've added some great personal touches to a remarkable quit! Good job! I hope ticket sales surpass previous fundraising efforts!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is a stunning raffle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Kathy. I love the extra grasses you quilted around the cattails. Nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always you have all done a beautiful job. This quilt is amazing. I want some tickets for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! You have definitely worked your magic on our quilt, Kathy! It makes me feel so proud to be part of it! My nephew wants a ticket for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очень красивое одеяло!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kyllä on kaunis, aivan ihana peitto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. What a gorgeous quilt. Love the pic with the tall grasses etc in the background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Any chance tickets can be bought by people who don't live there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a stunner. Do you sell tickets outside of your area?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see others had the same idea....can someone outside your area buy tickets? I love this quilt and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy: Absolutely beautiful. When is the Quilt Show and Raffle?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It looks like a medallion! Lovely .. and beautiful photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is just gorgeous. Whomever wins this beauty will be very luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such beautiful work..and beautiful quilting!! It will be a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always admired this pattern, and you have done it beautifully. The quilting is particularly gorgeous! I think you'll sell lots of tickets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a stunning quilt and I'm sure the ticket sales will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, i think this may be the first autumn style quilt that I just adore. You did a beautiful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing, I LOVE this quilt. Your work is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning quilt with incredibly beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. vraiment superbe ,le design,les couleurs,le quilting quelle réussite

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful!! Would be interested in buying some tickets.

    ReplyDelete