Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hexagon ‘I Spy’ Quilt

 jackie1

This is Jackie’s I Spy quilt that she made for her grandson Jack.  I was amazed at all the detail she put into piecing the sashing around the hexagon shaped blocks, it has a beautiful woven appearance.  She also added Jack’s name to the top of the quilt which was a nice touch.

jackie2

We thought it would be best for this quilt to have a simple quilting design so I picked Curlz for the panto and used a rust coloured So Fine thread.

jackie3 jackie4

13 comments:

  1. I love the sashing on this quilt.... it looks so intricate, and I think it steps it up a notch. Great panto design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow many blogs via Bloglovin and rarely stop to comment - but this I couldn't pass up without saying how GREAT I think this sashing is!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this quilt is amazing. Love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bien cosido esta este quilt. Tiene un diseño precioso, y tu acolchado precioso. Besos. Adela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty indeed! Love that sashing! It separates the busy prints beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sashing certainly takes an "I Spy" up a notch or two. I am sure Jack is going to love cuddling under his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack will LOVE his quilt, for sure! What a great job on the sashing and the quilting!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing quilt. The sashing really makes this quilt come alive and sets it apart from the usual I Spy settings. Jack will really love this quilt. The panto you used is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt and the quilting too!!! Is this something she designed?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola, cómo hago para que me vendas las instrucciones de este proyecto . Seria un gusto tenerlo .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love a pattern for this quilt! It brings the I Spy Quilt to a whole new level!!! Wonderful photos and the panto is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there a pattern available to purchase for the Hexagon ‘I Spy’ Quilt?

    ReplyDelete