On Monday I did some Snow Dyeing using soft brown, yellow and cerulean blue. Since brown is made up of many colors it is a hard to predict the outcome. The brown usually separates into shades of red which it did but I was hoping that since I was pouring the warm liquid dye onto the snow it would bond quicker to the fabric keep its brown color, not so. I also broke one of my
rules guild lines about not mixing too many color as I know that can result in a very muddy colored piece of fabric. I added a bit of golden yellow to the mix as well. I was surprised that the colors were not too muddy and that you could still see the blue and yellow in a few spots, especially on my smaller pieces of fabric.
Today I am going to load a quilt on my longarm that I pieced on the weekend so hope to share that with you soon. I seem to be on a mission this month to use up some of my fat quarter bundles that I have acquired over the last couple of years.