Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Grad Quilt

eb4

This is Evelyn’s quilt and it is a graduation gift for her grandson who loves fishing and the outdoors.  She used a fish themed panel for the center and two different Bali Pops to frame it.   I love how she used the blue Bali Pop for the top and the green Bali Pop on the bottom.   The quilting is all freehand and I did swirls in the blue and large pebbles and grasses in the green fabrics.  In the panel I just outlined and highlighted the main features with the quilting.  Quilters Dream Blend batting,  4 different So Fine fabrics on top and Navy Bottom Line for the bobbin thread.

eb3eb1

I now have a blue Stonehenge backing added to my backings for sale and it was perfect for Evelyn's quilt.

eb5eb6eb2

10 comments:

  1. Great quilt! love how that fish stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same panel, waiting to be made into a quilt.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have the panel? Do you know where you bought it, or does the selvage have the manufacturer name and pattern name? I've been looking everywhere for this!

      Delete
    2. My son is a fishing enthusiast and I am in the process of choosing fabric for a quilt for him. I would love to use this panel. If anyone can tell me where I can get itI would be very appreciative. This quilt is just amazing!!!

      Delete
  3. That is gorgeous!!! Even perfect for someone who is not a fishing enthusiast.....just a beautiful quilt! The quilting is the perfect match............

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt (and quilting!)!!!! Love the dimensionality of the fish - and the way the batiks create an underwater look! Laughing to myself because this is the first time where I think we've got more snow here in northern Nova Scotia than you have there in Manitoba! It still looks like full-on winter here.....(sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great and I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt looks great! The pieced border adds just the right touch to the panel, and your quilting completes the quilt so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone tell me where to find the panel?

    ReplyDelete