Now that I have time to play I really wanted to get back into dyeing fabric as I haven’t done that much this past year. I was inspired to try this folding method from some pictures Terry shared on the APQS forum and she was kind enough to share the folding method she used with me. I have done a lot of snow dyeing and some ice dyeing and the results are always a surprise! For my first experiment I used Cerulean Blue and Raspberry on one piece and Cerulean Blue, Dark Green and Yellow on the second. I was dyeing 100% cotton fabric in 16” x 58” size pieces.
For the second attempted I used four different blue shades on one and Red, Orange and Yellow on the second. This created more of a single tone piece and I was hoping for more variation in the shades. I’m still very pleased with the results but noticed I had more white areas this time and I know I twisted the pieces tighter so that is why. I need to loosen my twist to create less of a resist.
And since it is so hard for me to cut these pieces up my plan was to make infinity scarves, Terry mentioned when she taught this as a class most of her students were going to make scarves! Great idea!