Sunday, November 25, 2018

Scrappy Squares and HSTs

sk1

Sarah-Lynn’s mom started this lovely scrappy quilt and Sarah-Lynn added a few more rows to help her mom finish the top.   I asked her what the pattern was called and she didn’t know, her mom just referred to it as her Flying Geese quilt so that might be the name of the pattern even thought the blocks are not flying geese.  I love the scrappy background as it creates a watercolour effect on the whole quilt. She asked for Ebb and Flow for the pantograph and Quilters Dream Blend Batting.

sk2

sk4

I used beige So Fine thread on top and gold Bottom Line on the back.  I usually like to use the same thread top and bottom but beige would not have looked good on the back. Since the backing had a metallic print I thought gold would suit it best and it is similar enough in colour to the top.   I’m very happy with that choice as the gold thread looks like an extra strand of gold beads mixed into the ones in the print.

sk8

sk7

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. What a wonderful scrap quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting design gives this quilt life and energy! Perfect! And what a fun pattern to use up scraps. Do you remember what size the squares were? Fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah-lyn.......what a beautiful quilt. Marie

    ReplyDelete