Thursday, March 7, 2019

Glacier Star Quilt


This is Joy's Glacier Star quilt and it is a paper pieced pattern by Quiltworx. She ask it to be custom quilted and I used a variety of designs on this quilt.  The outer border is flowing feathers from the corners. I SID around the flying geese.  Add more flowing feathers in the dark background and SID in the spikes on the outer edge of the star.  The compass blocks were SID then I added a few echo straight lines and a curved line at the points of the spikes.  A feather motif finishes the remaining background in the block and curls were added in the dark spikes.


 The center is a combination of pebbles and SID as I like to design using the seam lines as much as possible.  I CC'd the diamonds in the star points.


I used 7 different colours of So Fine thread on the top and 1 colour of Bottom Line on the backing.


I used Quilters Dream Blend batting.







Finally a calm day to catch up on my quilt photos. You can see by the snow drifts in the yard it as been windy here!  



7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous quilt and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pattern and I love Joy's choice of fabrics. Quilting is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, from fabric choices to design and quilting.Perfect settings for the photos. gorgeous.that should be in capital letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Love her fabric choices and your quilting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly quilted! The fabrics really make it special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. Where do I get this pattern from please? - Jenny

    ReplyDelete