Monday, March 4, 2019

Third Round Robin - Second Round



In January I shared a post about a Round Robin I am doing with my friends Lori, Desley and Browyn, which you can read here.  This is our second round and this time our theme was Dresden Plate/Dresden Plate Variations.  We all had to have a piece of our floral focus fabric in the block. I made the block above and did a traditional plate with pointed blades. I hand appliqued the center circle and machine appliqued the outer edge of the blades.

This next block is Lori's and it is similar to mine expect she has points in the center of her block which is very cool!


Desley block is wonderfully whimsical with all the fun floral fabrics she used for the backgrounds.


And Bronwyn's block has rounded blades with two centers. I love that we all fussy cut the focus fabric in the centers.


Our next round's theme is Flying Geese which we will reveal to each other on May 1.  Wonder what we will all come up with for the next round?

3 comments:

  1. lovely fabrics that so suit the blades. What a neat way to quilt with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed seeing these...I had not thought about doing them the way Lori did hers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun beginnings. I've always wanted to do a Round Robin with some folks. Will be fun watching what you ladies do!

    ReplyDelete