Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Stellar Quilt Top


Thought I would share one of my finished quilt top on the blog as I am still trying to figure out how to quilt it. This is one of our  Highway 10 Design patterns called Stellar and the great thing about it is there is no curved piecing, the circles are created using straight line sewing.  It is made using the Tri Rec ruler, that is the trick to getting the right angle to create the curves. 
I had to put rocks on my quilt top to keep it from blowing away!


I used batik fabrics in shades of off white, blue, brown and orange.  It is similar to our cover quilt but I added more blue. Lori made and quilted our cover quilt so thought I should go through the whole process of making it too!  



I started piecing it back in February 2018 at a quilt retreat and I worked on it off and on over the next year.I t has been sitting and waiting to be quilting for about 6 months now.  I want to custom quilt it but still not sure how yet. I have the whole month to work on it so this might be my only opportunity for awhile!  Here was the picture I shared of it as a WIP back in Feb 2018, it was a great retreat project and easy to keep organized!



So I hope the quilt starts to whisper to me soon as to how it wants to be quilted! :)


2 comments:

  1. those curves make a wonderful design, even if they are straight lines giving an illusion/That quilting will come to you, let the colours sit on view and tell their story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt! I have no idea how you would quilt it either but I'm sure that some great inspiration will come to you soon. Can't wait to see it completed !

    ReplyDelete