Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Home Quarter in Winter Shimmer


When I was at the Saskatoon Quilt Show back in October I bought a fat quarter bundle of Winter Shimmer by Jennifer Sampou. Over the xmas break I decided to make our Highway 10 Designs Home Quarter quilt from it.  I don't usually like metallic fabrics but in this collection it was quite subtle.   



I used Dazzle for the pantograph, beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.  The backing is Northcott's beige Canvas collection.




For xmas Tim took a few of my photos and has them enlarged on canvas.  This is one of our favorite photos from our trip to Churchill 3 years ago and the colours work beautifully in our room. I think that is why I was drawn to this fabric collection as it reminds me of that trip!


2 comments:

  1. I love it when you post your own quilts, Kathy!! Cuz they are few and far between!! It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment! This quilt, coupled with that gorgeous photo, is eye-gasmic!

    ReplyDelete