A few months ago Desley sent me a package that had templates to make this Giant Dahlia quilt so we decided to work on this project at the same time to keep each other motivated. Well that definitely worked as she posted her Dahlia progress on her blog Friday and I was still trying to decide what fabrics to use for my center. So I got my butt in gear and got sewing....can't have her getting too far ahead of me :)
I used all Stonehenge fabrics for this quilt top and still have to add the background to make it a 65"x65"quilt.
Now I have never done this pattern before and was doing really well until I had to sew the last seam to bring the two halves of this flowers together to make the circle. At the very center 16 seam allowances converge...16! So just a little bulk to deal with....and lets just say it lays nice and flat but I'm not taking any closeups! Don't be surprised to see it with an applique in the center when I have quilted it :)
I am starting to see a trend form for me this year and that is 'Projects with Friends!' I started working on the Just Takes 2 quilt with Lori, now the Dahlia quilt with Desley and starting next week Jenny is going to host a Curvy Quilt Along using her curved ruler. I have her ruler so am looking forward to joining along and trying it out.