Sunday, December 9, 2018

Simply Dashing–Highway 10 Designs Pattern #12

sd10
We have another new Highway 10 Designs pattern now available in our Etsy shop.  Two patterns in one month,  yes we have been busy!  Introducing Simply Dashing…isn’t he a handsome fellow!   Stunning in Black and White but would look fantastic with any two high contrast fabrics.   This quilt pattern included sizes from Baby to King and written with clear step by step instructions as well as charts for keeping the cutting and blocks well organized.    We were not sure what to name this one so at the Keystone Retreat in September we brought the quilt top and asked the quilters at the retreat of they wanted to try to name our newest quilt pattern.  It was fun to watch them writing out their suggestions and putting them into a basket. Lori and I would then each night bring the basket back to the room to read all the suggestions.  When I read Simply Dashing we knew it was a winner as it had our travel/highway theme we try to use ( dashed lines on the highway), describes how quick it is to make and also how handsome it looks!   So Kathy S. ( not me) was our winner and it was fun to see her reaction when we announce we would use her suggestion. 

sd7sd1
It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to quilt this one but once I decided to use Monopoly thread I knew I could quilt across both fabrics without distracting from the piecing.   I loaded my quilt lengthwise on my longarm and quilted free hand wavy lines so they ran from top to bottom.  The backing is black with a fine grey print so I used grey Bottom Line in the bobbin.  Batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

sd5
Found this great spot on Off Lake to take pictures on this beautiful sunny Saturday.  The ice is thick enough to hold a snowmobile and I even saw a few ice shacks out on the lakes already.

sd8sd9
Lori made her Simple Dashing quilt in solid Navy and Teal grunge dots.  Check out her blog post at Night Owl Quilting and Dyeworks to see how she quilted the circles…hint its not a pantograph!

sd12sd13
I found a beautiful spot on Clearwater Lake for these photos.

sd14
sd16

Lori also made a sample Baby quilt using solid grey and a pink print.  She quilted it with the Sweet Pea pantograph.

babysd1

Simple Dashing is available in both Paper and PDF downloadable in our Etsy ShopPlease email us at highway10designs@mymts.net for wholesale inquiries.

Simply Dashing coverSimply Dashing back

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! I was thinking that I'm going to have to try this one, using some ombre fabric...I'm sure I have some in my stash. That black background is so crisp and sharp, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete