Friday, December 26, 2014

Northern Lights on Christmas Day

nl3

Hope you all had a beautiful Christmas day, ours ended with a beautiful display of Northern Lights at 10pm.  I was already in my pj’s but we bundled up to run outside to get some pictures.   The skies had just cleared as we have had cloud for two weeks so the timing was perfect.   But with clear skies comes very cold temperatures, it was –20’c with a –30’ windchill so I didn’t stay out too long.

nl1nl4

I can easily prove these are my pictures as you can see my snow circles in the pictures!

nl6nl7

13 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH, SO PRETTY! I hope to see the northern lights one day. The photos are just stunning!! And LOVE the snow circles..were you on a snowmobile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a spectacular sight!! Thank you for sharing these pictures! I don't envy you the extreme cold you endure for a big part of the year, but you sure live in gorgeous surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kathy! Makes me just a bit homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty :D Yep - Jealous! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!! The northern lights and the snow are what I miss the most of northern Manitoba. I grew up in Thompson, but now live in southern Ontario. Christmas without snow just doesn't feel the same. Thanks for sharing ALL your snowy pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful northern lights! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures, another wonder of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh!! Those are SO beautiful.... and before I read snow circles - I said - oh Look - she even has Crop Circles lol! What a fantastic view!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Kathy. What a treat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very gorgeous. One of these days I'd love to see them in person. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Happy new years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have only experienced such a show once back in the late '70's......gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete