Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September Aurora

sept7a

Now that is it getting darker earlier in the evening I don’t have to stay up to midnight to catch the Aurora.  This was at 10pm last night and as you can see the clouds are just starting to roll in but it makes for a pretty effect.  They were getting brighter with some reds  but the clouds covered them quickly.  I love summer aurora as I can get photos with the lights reflecting off the lake.

sept7bsept7c

I am quilting and working on a gorgeous quilt with custom quilting so it will take a week to finish as I have the block designs figured out but not the back ground yet.

sept7d

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanastic pictures!!! Really, really beautiful!
    Thanks for showing!
    Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers, those are postcard perfect pictures!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos, Kathy! I envy you at this time of year. Not as much in the winter though! Although the frozen lake and the clear sunshine can be appealing too. The custom design sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing!! I hope to see this in person someday! Until then, thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery and right out your door! I showed my husband and he loved them, too, and said you must be northwest of here - yes, you are NW of Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this top notch photo, have you considered designing a landscape quilt from this picture? Question:
    how can I find some of those gorgeous quilt patterns you have posted here? I spend hours scouring books, the internet and magazines for just the right quilt pattern and don't ever seem to come up with anything as beautiful as what you display on your blog.
    I'd appreciate some guidance. I subscribed as a new blogger, cmariehow38...Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete