Monday, October 14, 2019

Home Quarter - Highway 10 Designs Pattern #14



Lori and I are happy to announce the release our latest pattern for Highway 10 Designs, introducing Home Quarter.  It is a Fat Quarter Friendly pattern and is now available in our Etsy Shop in Paper and PDF versions.  We had been asked if we could design another pattern similar to Quarter Sections but make the blocks bigger so that is what we did.  This pattern also works great with directional prints as all the blocks are oriented in the same direction.


I made this first sample using Moda's Sunday Supper collection as I love the colours and variety of prints in this line.   I had this fat quarter bundle sitting my my stash for a few years and not sure what to do with it.  So glad I bought it on impulse as it worked great for this project.  I quilted it with the Plush pantograph, used a light teal So Fine thread and used Quilters Dream Blend batting.


My second sample is made with Lewis and Irene's Winter Garden collection.


I quilted leaves in the outer border and used the Poplar pantograph in the center.  Quilted it with 2 So Fine thread colours, burgundy and grey, and used Quilters Dream Blend batting.




 Our third sample Lori made using a mix of light to dark grey batiks from her stash. Check out her blog post here.






I hope our three samples demonstrate how this pattern works well with any fabric line or fat quarters in your stash!

Home Quarter includes instructions for 6 different sizes from Lap to King and is available in our Etsy shop in Paper and PDF downloadable forms.





2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great quilt! Consider the pattern bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design!!! Perfect for all those FQs in our stash!

    ReplyDelete