Thursday, September 12, 2013

Links Bargello Quilt

  gail2
This is Gail’s Links Bargello quilt and the pattern is designed by Lockwood Quilts, find their website here.  I love Bargello quilts, they have amazing movement and you can use your favourite color combinations to create a stunning quilt.  Gail gave me the go ahead to quilt it how I liked and at first I thought I would do free hand swirls but the more I looked at it the more I wanted to add more too it.  So I did a combination of swirls in the purple fabrics and feathers in the yellow/green fabrics. I did straight lines in the black blocks to divide the two designs and then added a simple feather to the narrow outer black border.

gail3gail1
    I was able to get a good straight on shot and crop it to just show the quilt.

gail6
I used black So Fine thread on the black fabric, light green So Fine on the yellow/green fabrics and a light purple So Fine on the purple fabrics.  This time I used the same thread color top and bottom.

gail7gail5 gail4

21 comments:

  1. Spectacular! The quilting really makes this quilt move. I'm really a big fan of Bargello - some day I'll get the nerve up to try one!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely stunning. The quilt pattern is fantastic and your quilting makes it so intensiv.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Both the quilt and the quilting are jaw dropping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bargello's are also a favorite of mine, this one is beautiful. Your quilting on here, really makes it pop, great texture love it!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this quilt! Great job both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy...this turned out amazing. Love how you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this looks so gorgeous . Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy: Stunning indeed. Wow. Great idea to keep the quilting in the black fabrics different than the coloured fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how gorgeous is that!!!! Beautiful color and stunning quilting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! The quilting compliments the quilt so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely colors! And your quilting enhances the flow of the bargello! Love how you quilted this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt and you did an amazing job quilting it. I would love to make a bargello one day

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty bargello, and the quilting is gorgeous, Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My jaw is dropping. This is one very stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely, your quilting enhanced the design so beautifully. I'm way beyond impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Patchworkerin,
    Dein Quilt haut mich um und das Quiltmuster ebenso.
    Das würde ich am liebsten nacharbeiten!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it I'm getting my stash ready for a bargelo quilt, I was wondering since my baby (Pfaff 5.5) is in for repair can you do this on a serger and then long an quilt it? Thanks for sharing absolutely beautiful
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quilted one quilt that was pieced by a serger and I hated quilting it. The seam were too thick at the intersections and that can break the needle. So I wouldn't recommend you do it that way.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. http://www.fabricsnquilts.com/shop/product/links-bargello-lap-quilt-pattern/

      Here is one shop but just search Links Bargello to find it.

      Delete
  19. Getting ready to quilt mine, really like the way you did yours.......

    ReplyDelete