Friday, February 17, 2017

Quilts for Quebec

house1

As many of you know in Canada there was a horrific shooting at a Quebec City mosque last month where 6 people died and many injured.  In response to this  The Montreal Modern Quilt Guild is organizing a project called Quilts for Quebec and they are collecting House blocks to make into quilt to give to those families affected by this tragedy.   You can read all about  their project here on their blog.   It is wonderful to read that quilters from all over Canada and the world are sending in block and our local guild members are making some as well.  Here is my block, the pattern is one you’ll find in the links on the MMQG blog.  If you are interested in making blocks to send, their address is in the link and they are requesting the block be received my March 4. 

shirt1

I thought I would also share my new favorite T-shirt!    I am a huge Game of Thrones fan so how could I not get it!    If you are not familiar with GoT and original quote is from a character named Tyrion and he said “That’s what I do, I drink and I know things”.   If you are wondering where I ordered it from you can find it here.  I will warn you the ladies v-neck is sized small so order a size larger than you normally do.

fox1fox2

I also had this fox visit me the other day. I watched him catch a mouse and eat it….you can see the mouse’s tail in the first pictures.  I posted a video on my IG account if you want to watch him chewing it!  Crunch crunch crunch!  :)

1 comment: