Friday, January 30, 2015

Four Patch Charm Quilt #3

sc2

This is Sandra’s Four Patch Charm quilt and this is probably the only time it will be pictured in the snow as Sandra lives in Florida!  She asked that it be quilted just like the one I did in my tutorial so that was fun to do again.  I think I did a better job this time as I knew what I was doing, when quilting mine I didn’t really have a plan!  I used Quilters Dream Blend batting and two shades of So Fine,  a cream for the pebble and swirls and a gold for the darker prints.

sc4sc1

Sandra used three charm packs she had for ages and the background is leftover backing from another project.  This project is a great one for stash busting!

sc5sc3sc7

The sun is finally out after a few days of snow.  But that also means cold temperatures are back but nothing to complain about, this has definitely been a mild January for us.

sc6

14 comments:

  1. This is an amazing modern design, and your quilting is just gorgeous. Beautiful, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very inspiring. I have a similar top that I need to pull out and quilt. Hope you don't mind me using your quilting inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work love your quilting as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know what I like the most, the quilt candy or the scenery! You sure do live in a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! So great work! I am fascinated by this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilting is fantastic....always is, but the pebbles are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the quilting! love the quilt also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. New here to your page but I have looked at several of your photos. Stunning and lovely work. The quilts you work on are beautiful too. Your country side is breath taking, lots of snow. You have so many wonderful ideas for the machine quilting you do. I am excited to be here, to enjoy all of the posts and pictures but also to learn and gain new ideas so I can grow. Looking forward to what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the design goes out into the "border". The quilting is gorgeous, too. What a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that quilt design. And as always, beautiful quilting. I bet your customer in Florida is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like it too and just might have to hunt down that pattern for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is beautiful! and you are very talented, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt! Awesome quilting too! Love the view on the Lake. Looks so pieceful

    ReplyDelete