Friday, June 24, 2016

Urban Pods Quilt

lr

This is Laura’s Urban Pods quilt and it is a pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I have made a lot of these quilt but not Urban Pods yet so it was fun to quilt!

lr1

Laura is the co-owner of a quilt shop in Boise, Idaho called The Quilt Crossing and this will likely be a sample in their shop.

lr2

I have the SKW Curvit Longarm Ruler that is the same curve as the Quick Curve Ruler, which the pattern is made with, so I used it to stitch in the ditch all the curves.  That really allowed the pod shapes to pop.  I did U-Turns in the light grey curves and feather motifs in the pods. I didn’t want to quilt the pods too heavy as I liked how they popped up from the light curves.

lr3

I used three different So Fine thread colours.  Light grey on the curves,  a forest green in the pieced pods and a darker green in the solid pods.  Batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

lr5lr6

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really like these patterns, fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and I like that the quilting doesn't overpower the piecing. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt! You did excellent quilting on it - really enhances the quilt

    ReplyDelete