Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Colorband Quilt

pk3
This is Phyllis’s Colorband Quilt and she purchased it as a kit from Craftsy.  I noticed the kit is on sale right now and here is the link to the kit.  This is the first large quilt Phyllis has made and I enjoyed helping  her as she worked on it at our guild Retreat and UFO days. It was quite an ambitious project for a beginner and I’m so glad she never gave up on it even though she hit some bumps along the way.  Her positive attitude was so wonderful and each time I suggested she rip and try again she was in full agreement and could laugh at her mistakes.    Well Phyllis look at the beautiful quilt you made, you did an awesome job!

pk2
I quilted it with the Bora Bora pantograph,  used a variegated Lava thread and quilters Dream Blend batting.

pk5pk1pk4
pk6
Usually by now I have been out walking my swirls on the lake but this year I thought I would try something different.  Unfortunately giant snowflakes seen from this angle don’t have the same impact swirls do, glad I only walked out two.  I think I’ll go back to my swirls after the next snow fall!

pk7

12 comments:

  1. Well done Phyllis! I love the bright colors and I agree that this was not an easy project for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Phyllis and Kathy! Turned out beautifully. Sorry, Kathy, but I ADORE the snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, well made quilt. Congrats to Phyllis for persevering to achieve her goal: a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for Phyllis and her colorful first quilt - it is absolutely gorgeous! And, I enjoy seeing those giant snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Phyllis for creating such a stunning and colourful first quilts. So what's next??

    I keep looking at this one and keep seeing your Aurora Borealis! OK brighter and different, but it is the multi-colours that blend so nicely against what seems to be a tonal black night sky fabric!

    Kathy ... Your "stomped" snowflakes look terrific and I hope to see even more of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy quilt to start the year with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful quilt! Really, what an accomplishment from a beginner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! Love your gigantic snowflakes and Phyllis's quilt is fantastic...way better than my first quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had actually ordered that kit from Craftsy as well and it arrived a couple of days ago. Love the bright colors and Phyllis did a GREAT job! Your snowflakes are beautiful in the snow..love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an enabler! I immediately went to Craftsy and ordered the kit. I have another (as yet uncut) kit from Craftsy using the same fabrics. Maybe I will gift the quilts to a family with two young children in twin beds. Ummm, I guess I need to get busy.
    I love your posts. My Pinterest board is filled with your pictures. Your work is great. I want to live on the frozen lake and see the Northern lights. Envious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really turned into a beautiful quilt. She did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete