Monday, October 28, 2024

Butter Tarts Quilt - Highway 10 Designs Latest Pattern #17


This might come as a surprise to my friends/readers that Lori and I have published another Highway 10 Designs quilt pattern after a 2 year hiatus.  We found our design mojo again and are very happy to introduce you to our Butter Tarts quilt!  


This is a fat quarter friendly pattern ranging in sizes from Baby to Queen. 


Butter Tarts are a wonderful Canadian treat, but come with a great debate...raisin or no raisins.  Very similar to the decision we making when piecing a quilt top...borders or no borders. The name seemed to fit our quilt pattern beautifully as we offer border and no border options. So no matter which you prefer (team raisin here) you can personalize this quilt pattern to your taste!


I made my Butter Tarts quilt using Fableisms Autumn Forest Foliage collection mixed with Sprout Wovens Aura bundle.  I purchased both bundles from Sew Curated


I quilted my sample with the Taro pantograph, used golden beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Puff batting.



Lori's Butter Tarts sample was made with Art Gallery Solids which she also purchased from Sew Curated.  Love how this pattern looks in solids and she added a border too!  


FYI - I made the 30 blocks quilt with no borders and Lori made the 20 block quilt with borders and they finish almost the same size.  Going for the border option can save you time with piecing.


I had to take it to the Exhibition Grounds here in Emo for photos so I could say I took 'Butter Tarts' to the local fair!  I think it is pretty ribbon worthy, don't you?


Our friend Reneta made a baby size Butter Tarts sample.  She used a fat quarter bundle of flannels and added a border. Turned out so sweet!


Butter Tarts quilt pattern is available in paper and PDF instant download formats in our Highway 10 Designs website and Etsy shop.  

In celebration of this pattern release we have 20% off all patterns in our online shops from Oct 28 to Nov2, 2024! 


Lori even made a few Butter Tarts with no raisins as she prefers 'currents'.  Both sound good to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment