Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Applique Border Quilt

lc

This is Lori’s applique quilt and she asked for custom quilting with some feathers!  I can do that, feathers are my favourite design to quilt!    Started with gradually increasing feathers in the large outer green border and SID around the applique border and then added curls to the background.  I quilted feathers on the flowers and added veins to the leaves. The inner green border I did a feather curl design and then curls on the sashing.  The blocks are SID with some CC’s and feather designs.

lc2lc8lc1lc4

I used four different colours of So Fine thread on top and used matching Bottom Line colours on the back.  I prefer to match my thread colour when I do custom work but will use different colour threads top and bottom when doing edge to edge quilting.  Quilters Dream Blend batting.

lc3lc6lc7lc9lc5

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Great piecing, fabric and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb design, fabric, sewing, stitching all those pieces, then came the quilting. Truly wonderful. And it lies perfectly on the icy lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt!! The piecing and the quilting is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! The quilting is spot on perfect! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the quilt and the quilting are stunning. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and equally lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The border totally makes the quilt special. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful and I love the applique...

    ReplyDelete