Saturday, February 4, 2017

Good Vibrations #1

lf3

This is Lynn’s Good Vibrations quilt and this is one of our Highway 10 Design patterns.  Lynn made hers with the same fabric line we made our cover quilt out of,  the Nunavut GemFive from Cantik Batik.  She used 3 GemFive precuts and made a King size quilt that is 100”x100”.  Lynn liked how we quilted ours and since Lori quilted our cover quilt I was happy to finally get a chance to quilt this one.   I used the Ebb and Flow pantograph and turned the quilt on my longarm so the design would flow up and down the piecing, not across.

lf8lf5lf7

I used a medium beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

lf4lf2

I don’t think I have shared the news that our Highway 10 Design patterns are now available through three different distributors, Checker Distributors in the States, and Quilt Source and Contemporary Sewing in Canada.  Lori and I also sell wholesale direct to quilt shops.  So if you like our patterns and would like to see then in your local quilt shop please tell them about us!

lf6

5 comments:

  1. I am so so happy to hear your patterns will be available through Checkers, which means my LQS in Vermont will be able to carry your patterns. I love the work you do and love your photography... and love seeing your snowy pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt. You really take a lot of time and effort in adding these pics to your blog...shovelling snow, laying the quilts perfectly in the snow, waiting for the right lighting conditions, etc. Thanks for all of your effort, Kathy! I wish that I was smart enough to write a pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an elegant quilt! I love the Ebb & Flow pantograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is beautiful! I love the fabric and the quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laying your quilt sideways to accommodate the pattern is ingenious. Keep up the good work. Congratulations on your pattern distributions. I always shoe my husband your pictures of the north. You are blessed with many talents.

    ReplyDelete