Friday, July 21, 2017

Four Patch Charm Quilt in Shimmer

four1

I made this sample as I was writing up my pattern for the Four Patch Charm Quilt,  I wanted to make sure I had all the measurements right!  Nice to finally have the time to pop a panto on it and get it done.   The fabric is Northcott Artisan Sprirt Shimmer Charm packs in four colorways, Pansy, Peacock, Sunglow and Hibiscus.   The pattern only calls for 3 charm packs but I bought four from Keystone Quilts when they had a buy 3 get the fourth free!  Can’t resist a sale like that!  I was able to pick and chose the colours I wanted with the four packages.   The background is a white Colorworks, I find this line of solids nicer than Kona solids as it has a finer weave and less fraying. 

four2

I chose the Wave on Wave pantograph as it is one of my favorites.   Used white So Fine thread and Dream Blend batting.

four3four4four5

I was out again taking pictures of the eagles, they have been very cooperative this summer!

eagle33

eagle30

eagle31

8 comments:

  1. Maybe one of the " Getting down to the tail end" photos at the lake there, beautiful fabrics, design, and quilting. And to finish, an eagle with his stately look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first time on this site, beautiful! Live this quilt it is simple yet striking, love the off set square, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt. I love the colours and the quilting. Your photos of the eagle are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. I made one from the first picture you posted, way back when. Love lookjng at what you post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt, Kathy! How long did it sit waiting to be quilted?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and beautiful photos! Love seeing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt, gorgeous photo shoot. Love the eagle pics! We have lots of eagles in Cape Breton, too. Yes, Kona frays terribly. I use Free Spirit solids and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely summer colors in your quilt. This pattern is on my bucket list since I've loved every version that I've seen.
    Great eagle pics! He looks as if he's posing for you!

    ReplyDelete