Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Unpacking Begins

emo6

We are now in Emo, Ontario and got the keys to our new house on Sept 6th.   The moving truck arrived Sept 7th and the unloading day went smoothly with no problems.   I got the boys right to work unpacking the kitchen boxes as they came off the truck and we got that room organized.  Always a challenge to arrange items in kitchen cupboards and when I was stuck on a few areas my oldest son jumped in and solved the problems.   His merchandizing skills from working at a grocery store came in very handy!

Many of you asked about my new view so here it is!  Very different from my last one but I am going to focus on the positive and enjoy the big sky and open spaces. I’m sure it will take a bit of time too not feel so exposed as I was so use to being surrounded by trees.  The country side here is very beautiful with rolling hills, open fields of hay, grazing cattle and even bison close by.  Then 40km north we are back in the Canadian Shield and lakes everywhere which will be fun to explore next year.

emo2

I did managed to hang one quilt in the house so far as it was the perfect spot for it in the hallway!

emo3

And I was glad that I took the metal quilt blocks that hung on the outside of my Shack and spray painted them white before we left.   They look great on the front of the house.

emo7

  My new quilting studio is full of boxes and that will take a while to unpack and organize but it is such a great space!   There are parts to a longarm in there somewhere!

emo4emo5

So I’m not sure when I will have something quilty to share next but I just wanted to check in and let you know that the move is going well.  We are all feeling good about our new town and the people here are very friendly and welcoming! 

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on a smooth move! Looking forward to photos of your local scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to get an update, Kathy. And is that the perfect spot for your Butterfly quilt and the paint and floor just set off the colours so nicely! Those are the touches that really make a house feel like a home, heh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went as planned. And to have all the quilty "stuff" in one room is a huge bonus. The view, green, wide, and then the welcoming and friendly people, and a quilt on your wall, off to a wonderful new part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's a nice quilting room! Love the wood floors and cabinetry in your new house. It looks like it has a really nice feel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting times ahead! Your quilting space looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you made it! That quilt is in the perfect spot. Looking forward to seeing more photos as you settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Succes met je verhuizing.
    Mooie quilt ruimte en de eerste quilt hangt al.
    Kijk uit naar je volgende bericht.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that your move went well. Your butterfly quilt looks perfect on that wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the move went well. You are now closer to me in MN. Now for the envy of some of your quilting furniture. Where did you get the nine drawer chest next to the wonderful "canoe" shelf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nine drawer cabinet if from IKEA and is part of the ALEX collection. I have a few in different sizes and love them!

      Delete
  10. Nice to see you settling in. Look forward to your posts as you explore your new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you, you're own little studio. Love your butterfly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the move went well, I hope the unpacking and setup all goes smoothly, too. I'm looking forward to exploring your new area with you as you get out and about! Love your quilt blocks - they look great on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly don't envy you the move, but it is nice to get a fresh start in a new place! I will be watching as you unpack and put things in their new places. I get anxiety attacks just thinking about moving...it's been almost three years since I did a move , twenty before that and fifteen before that one! Can you see I don't like packing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new move. Your studio looks like its going to be great. Love where you hung the butterfly quilt! I also love the metal quilt blocks outside the door. You know what might be neat? Painting the lower door panels in color(s) to look like something quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy, can you send me your personal email. Have questions about my Millie.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete