Tuesday, December 12, 2017

High Strung…(the quilt not me!)

db1

This is Diane’s High Strung quilt and it is a pattern by Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks ( Quilt Patch).    I knew right away I was going to cross hatch the squares and give it that traditional quilted texture.  I stitched in the ditch around the applique and stippled the background with Microquilter beige thread.   I used green So Fine thread on top and green Bottom Line in the cross hatching.  The batting is Quilters Dream Blend.  Diane said she was going to add some embellishments to the quilt, like small clothes pins to where the stockings are hung along the ric-rac. 

db2db3db4

7 comments:

  1. SUCH BEAUTIFUL PROJECTS! THANKS FOR SHARING THEM! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally lovely on the snow, what a great design, and the quilting gives it the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I like the simplicity of it, and the quilting...perfection! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt has been on my bucket list since the first time I saw it! I bought the book and I still haven't made it. But now I'm really inspired to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a quilt I wanted quilted in a simple pattern like that and the quilter told me she was afraid of stretching it. I love the simplicity of crosshatch quilting. Can that be done on a queen-sized quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think I would enjoy cross hatching a queen size quilt, that’s a lot of ruler work. But I wouldn’t worry about it causing stretching. Cross hatching is a design that can easily be done in a domestic machine so if someone wanted a large quilt quilted that way I would encourage them to quilt it themselves, no need for a longarmer.


      Delete
  6. What a great quilt! ... the two of you make a good team in finishing this one up.
    Only thing missing are names on the stockings. Perhaps those are some of the embellishments planned?

    Have never seen this pattern before, and now have it added to the wanna-make list. I clearly need more hours in the days, days in weeks, weeks in years ............... *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete