Friday, March 9, 2018

The Night Before Christmas Quilt #2

lc19

This is another one of Lorette’s beautiful applique quilts!  The pattern is called The Night Before Christmas by Bunny Hill Designs and this is the second one I have quilted, you can see the first one here.  Lorette made this quilt back in 2013 right after she oldest sister passed away and I imagine this was a very therapeutic process for her.  It took her 6 weeks to make and it is all hand appliqued and embroidered. The little mice are made out wool and are so sweet.

lc21

I custom quilted it with beadboard on the outer border and used a stencil for the corner squares.  I SID around all the applique and blocks and added a variety of background fills including pebbles, swirls, wavy lines and loops.

lc21alc21b

Lorette sent wool batting and asked that it be layered on top of my Quilters Dream Blend which created wonderful texture with the quilting.  I think she has now converted me for the two batts on these special quilts and I might have to order a couple of packages of wool to have on hand!

lc23lc22

lc24

I just love quilting these overlapping swirls, they really add a lot of great texture!

lc26lc28lc30

I thought this would  be the perfect quilt to show you one of the smallest church in Canada!  It is right down the street from my house and so cute. It is called the Norlund Chapel, it is 8’x10’ and can hold 8 people.  It was built by two local men in 1973, the chapel is open as a house of prayer for all 24/7.  The chapel's steeple was salvaged from a church fire in 1971.

lc31

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts Kathy - love what you did with them. And I really like that wee little chapel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect setting for the quilt, beautiful applique, the tree with a bow, little mice, so much more and your swirls and lines, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that bead board in the border. I might have to steal that ide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have quilted this, it's beautiful; and such a lovely setting for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like a little church folly! Perfect spot for this quilt, which is absolutely adorable between her work and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour, voilà quelques années j'ai commencé le kit The NIght Christmas de Bunny Hill, malheureusement pour moi, j'ai égaré les modèles de certains, pourriez-vous, s'il vous plait, me dire comment je pourrais les retrouver . Je vous remercie pour toute l(attention que vous pourriez porter à mon message
    Avec tous mes remerciements jacobmarie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks lovely! I am looking for the kit for my mother. She has been trying to find it and it seems it is discontinued on Bunny Hill's catalogue and other websites and shops. If you or someone reading this could let me know how to find it, I would really appreciate if you could send me an e-mail to finariera5@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete