Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Autumn Walk Quilt


This is Joy Anne's Autumn Walk quilt, a pattern by Muddy Waters Quilt Company. I couldn't find a source online!  This is a great stash buster and I love how the leaves are oriented in all directions.


I used Fascination for the pantograph design, beige So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.


Finally found a camera angle to show you this lovely piece of macrame art I bought last year at a local craft sale.  The artist is from here in Emo and has a Instagram page called Willow and Knots. I really like that she also dyes her cording and makes beautiful pieces that are modern using traditional techniques.



I am much happier with taking pictures in this room now that I have updated the furniture. :)




8 comments:

  1. I have admired other interpretations of this quilt and this one is lovely.
    The macrame piece is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The quilting - looks like swirling wind blowing the leaves around. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely quilt, brave use of many colours and it works well. The addition of flying geese is fitting with the theme and is done beautifully. Very striking, more so after quilting as always;) Nice new furniture, and the macrame piece is great, I always think of that as old fashioned but this looks like a piece of aboriginal art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! I love those pops of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely quilt and I hope you'll post the name of the pattern.
    Your macramé wall hanging looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, this quilt is beautiful! The quilting gives the illusion of the leaves blowing in the wind. Stunning piece work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Autumn Walk quilt is beautiful...and I like the macrame piece. I used to do that...in my youth. When it was all the rage.

    ReplyDelete