Friday, November 8, 2013

Alternate Routes #2

  eileen1

Here is Eileen’s Alternate Routes quilt and she made the twin size option.  Lori helped her adapted one of the queen sized layouts in the pattern to work in the twin size and it turned out great.   As we keep saying there are so many ways to layout these blocks and I haven’t seen two alike yet.  Eileen used dark purple and light purple/grey batik fabrics for her quilt which really allowed the piecing to shine.  Using two high contrast fabrics is the key to this pattern.

eileen3eileen2

We decided on the Tickle panto, a purple So Fine thread and Dream Blend batting. She used a dark purple backing and it really shows off the quilting.

eileen4eileen

  You can visit our Flickr page to see some of the quilts made with our Highway 10 Designs pattern so far.  The pattern is now available in PDF and paper on our Esty shop and in PDF form in our Craftsy shop.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the way the colours make the design pop. Went to your flickr page and seeing all the quilts is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, the colours really make this quilt sing! I too love how the backing shows the beautiful quilting. The quilt is so lovely, I don't even miss that there are no borders. Purdy, purdy, purdy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous again - your blog with marvellous quilts and quilting is a constant source of positive energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful quilt. I love that deep purple and the block layout. I viewed all the different layouts on Flickr and I love that you have so many ideas to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite colors. Excellent quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see this one all done. It turned out just great. Way to go Eileen & Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the colors in this one. Nicely done/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt. It really has the wow factor. Love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just used this design on a quilt too...isn't it great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid that you wouldn't get me out on the ice. I really like some of the traditional quilts you have done. My favourites. The Bali fat quarters are lovely and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete