Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cats with Collars

cat2
This is another one of Jackie’s quilt that she made for her grandkids.    She made cats blocks with 3D collar and ties, or bow ties.    Her fabrics are bold and bright making this a very fun kids quilt.  I stippled the background, SID around the cats and CC’d the sashing squares but the biggest challenge with this quilt was all the thread changes.  I think there were about 15 in all.
*edit Dec 7 - I just found out the name of this pattern, it's Ties and Tails designed by Judydidit.  That should help with a google search if your looking for it.
catcat6   cat3  
I’ll be announcing winner of the Blogathon giveaway soon!

16 comments:

  1. Kathy: Wow! What a great awesome quilt. And wonderful job quilting around the 3-D collars and noses!
    Wow! What a great quilt :) Cats in ties :) It just makes one smile!
    Did you watch the Dr Who 50th Anniversary yesterday? It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute quilt. I hope you'll enter it in the annual Pets on Quilts Show that Lilypad Quilting hosts every summer. It is purrfect!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jackie, that is bright, but it came together well. The little black keyline around the blocks makes all the difference. I must remember that! I'm sure this was tricky to quilt, Kathy, and you did a great job too. Lucky grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is darling... Great job on the quilting and you get the prize for thread changing patience Kathy! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This quilt is just too cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Quilt is fun and your stippling fits really good.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE cat quilts!!! Wonderful job on quilt and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting on this adorable quilt is great. I just love this quilt and being a cat lover....would you be able to share the pattern source or where I can find it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome quilt and quilting.Congrats to the winner and thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cat quilt. I make an animal quilt (cats or dogs) every year to donate to an animal rescue for their fund raiser. I wish I had this pattern.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cats and love to make cat quilts. Is there a chance you could find out where I could purchase that pattern?

    ReplyDelete