Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hockey Skate Quilt

   skate2
This is Jackie’s Hockey Skate quilt that she made for one of her grandchildren.  She designed the quilt herself and created the skate appliqué pattern from a picture.  The skates are all hand appliquéd and she even tied the laces with a knot.  It was hard to get a picture of the fabric she used for the blade but it is a silver metallic fabric that works perfectly. 
skate
   She wanted simple quilting so I suggested echo quilting around the skate and then SID in the setting blocks.
skate3skate5

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt...the read just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Just love hockey quilts. Is this pattern an original?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt for her grandson , he will love it , those skates are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a quilt. It turned out wonderful and I know that it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello….Is there any chance that I can purchase the pattern or the skate appliqué for this quilt?

    Thank you,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly,
      As I indicated in my post my client designed this quilt and either drew the skate or found a picture to create the skate from. There is no pattern to purchase.

      Delete