Thursday, November 26, 2015

Zentangled Garden Quilt

rm1

This is Robin’s Zentangled Garden quilt and the pattern is by Jean Boyd.   I love the fabric that Robin used in the framed sections and since it was so bold I quilted it with straight lines.  I used two stencil designs in the dark green squares.  The background is all larger scale pebbles and on the open ‘negative space’ area to the right I added a echo swirl design to break up the space.   I then did a diagonal piano key design in the outer border and on the one side that had the extra green border insert I just continued the diagonal line across it.

rm2rm3

I used black So Fine thread in the outer border and light green So Fine thread on the rest of the quilt.   Batting is a Hobb 80/20.

rm4rm5rm6

The other night Tim and I covered one of our spruce trees near the lake with white lights.  The light reflects off the snow in the tree and glows in our yard!

lights

16 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love both the quilting and the wonderful view of your winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you quilted this one. Robin will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, design, fabrics, and your quilting, but I love that snow and your sparkly tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is breathtaking and so perfect for the piecing design and fabric usage! Definitely a "show-worthy" finish!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this blog is mostly for your long arm business posts, as well as some personal quilting posts, but I really love to see and hear about your life. Your life is so different than my own experiences, it's really interesting! Where you live and the photos you take of it are beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilting, Kathy, and I love that white tree! Mad Cat is right, you live in beautiful country. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is gorgeous! We were (are) going to do that with one of our trees too. Only we don't have the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The winter wonderland is breath taking and the quilt to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tree. We lost all our snow...a warm front blew in and is stuck. Your treatment of quilting the Zentangled quilt is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilting on this beautiful quilt :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt and beautiful snow covered tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your post before and missed the tree but I came back to look again and how lovelyl it is, that has to be the best view out of anyone's window. Just magical, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete