Monday, October 16, 2017

Canadian Quarter Sections

pb2

I gave my longarm a test run after setting it up and quilted my friend Phyl’s Quarter Section quilt. Glad to say my machine survived the move and I even improved it by turning my wheels over on my Millennium carriage as they were wearing down on the one side.  Quick fix and no need to order new wheels just yet.

Phyl used Northcott’s Oh Canada fabric line and inserted a extra row with panels and embroidery highlighting Canada’s 150th Birthday.   I love seen how others adapt our patterns and put their personal touch on them.   I quilted it with the Maple Syrup pantograph, Quilters Dream Blend Batting and beige So Fine thread.

pb3

pb7

One thing I have notice about this area is that it is very windy so getting outdoor pictures is more of a challenge.   Good thing I had helpers with me!

pb1

As you can see Phyl used red Stonehenge for the backing!

pb10

I went out for a drive around the neighbourhood and meet some of the neighbours!

pb11

pb12

We set up our trail camera at the back of our lot and had a good laugh at what we captured the first day!

This guy was quite interested in our camera and was taking a lot of selfies!  We moved the camera back so he can’t keep licking it!

trail2trail3 (2)

   Turns out there are two horses in the field behind our house but they only show up at 6:30 in the morning. Hope to get some daytime pictures soon.

trail1 (2)

I’m very excited that our Highway 10 Designs retreat is coming up this Friday at Fabriculous in Swan River, MB and I get to see all my northern friends again who I miss very much! 

5 comments:

  1. And we are looking forward to seeing you!!!
    Phyl’s quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Yes, the wind will challenge you now as it does me often. There really is very little wind up in the Flin Flon area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to know the long arm survived isolation, transportation, and is running as it should. Interesting trail cam photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see everything working so well. Love the "selfies"! It was a LOL moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you've settled in and got the long arm up and running again.
    Those selfies are too funny!

    ReplyDelete