Sunday, July 22, 2018

Feathers Quilt

em1
This is my clients's Feathers quilt, the pattern is by Allison Glass.   In keeping with the modern feel we decided on straight line quilting, about every 1/2”, down the length of the feathers.  She used lovely modern fabrics with a navy background.  I used a navy So Fine thread on top and a dark green Bottom Line on the back as the backing was green.  The batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

em4em2em3
She made her quilt 96” x104” so drapes nicely on a queen size bed.

em5em6em7

10 comments:

  1. Loving this! The clean lines and simplicity. I just popped over to Alison Glass and purchased the pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is the perfect compliment to this quilt. I have to ask though, did you move the machine, or do you have an automated system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have a computer on my machine. I have channel locks on my longarm so I eyeballed the distance between the rows and then turned on the channel lock as I stitched across the quilt.

      Delete
  3. Hi I just purchased this pattern and I may have missed something but I cannot find in the directions/instructions what size of paper the pattern should be printed on for paper-piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I don't know anything about the pattern, I just quilted it for my client. Contact the pattern designer.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! Job excellently done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat quilt, a 3D effect, accentuated by your line quilting. You must have loaded it sideways. Really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like, I like and the simple straight lines was perfect.

    ReplyDelete